i hate people who constantly make you feel like they work harder than you. i also hate when people say they're too busy to... [insert whatever you want]. however, last week, was one of my worst to date and therefore i have decided to follow wyatt's lead and break it down by numbers. i promise i will never say anything again after this quick rant:
73.5 - number of hours spent working from monday when i landed in texas at 1:30 pm to this morning at 6:00 am (desperately trying to finish up the work for multiling that i should have finished last week before all my foreign friends arrived at work). how on earth do people work this much each week? i am truly exhausted in every sense.
3 - number of emotional meltdowns. 1 to eve and the rest to matt. sorry.
1,000+ - number of shirts/dresses/skirts/etc. i folded and refolded and rehung at anthropologie. i hope to never see several of those little pieces again.
20 - number of people matt's delicious mexican haystacks are supposed to feed according to the recipe. it was just him and i and unfortunately we ate about half in one sitting. now i know how men from the 1950s felt - it was lovely to come home from a long work day to a delicious dinner and even fresh flowers. matt is good.
3 - number of girls who actually made me feel quite bad this week (unintentionally i think. just bratty people). good news is i'm getting used to these assertive texas women - think the blind side with boofier hair - and am growing a bit of a back bone.
18 - number of holes matt played on saturday while he waited for me to get off work.
2 - girls in my dance classes that need serious attitude adjustments. how did they manage to skip the training on all basic social skills (apply this to number 3 as well)?
30 - minutes spent with matt each day. wish that number were bigger.
1 - piece of fabulous news i heard this week that kept me going. more on that later but no i am not pregnant and no matt did not get into dental school.
here's to a better week. i'm going to be more positive - i did this to myself and can quit any job at anytime, right? i already feel better.
p.s. happy mothers day! i realize that all mothers work more than 73.5 hours a week. eeeekkkk. makes me nervous seeing how i weathered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- December (1)
- October (1)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- May (1)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- July (2)
- June (5)
- May (1)
- April (6)
- March (3)
- February (2)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (1)
- July (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (2)

8 comments:
I'm exhausted just reading about it. Luckily you had enough haystacks for 5 people. That'll keep you going for a while. :) Hope this week is better.
You truly have had the worst week. I'm so glad it's over. You need to quit one of your fifty jobs!! I loved your melt down, you can vent to me any time. :) I'm sure I'll be doing it to you a lot once I get to Atlanta and am forced to sit in my apartment all day. Hope this week is much better.
kay what!? that honestly sounds like the truest definition of a week from hell! and on top of having an impossible amount of work to complete at multiling you had to teach bratty teenagers and work retail. man, makes my week look like a breeze. i'm so glad you did this post! think of how refreshing it'll be to look back on and think "if i survived that week, i can survive this too!" so glad you at least have a wonderful husband to support you through these weeks if we can't be there to do it! love you!! here's to a better week.
What a hellish week... I'm so sorry Mads. That's miserable, and in a totally different "I'm SO bored way" I have those weeks too when you just want to crawl in a cupboard and tell everyone you see to shut the hell up!!
I didn't know you had a blog until 10 minutes ago. Apparently I need to stop being so self involved. I'm sorry about your week. I had heard that "everything is bigger in Texas" - didn't know that included the work week as well. Though it may not have been your intended message, I choose to interpret it as further evidence that Anthropologie is Satan, come to earth in the form of a clothing store. I hope this week is better.
Maddie! I am so sorry! I had no idea you had such a bad week.... sorry for being such a bad friend! I hope this week turns out much much much better- and if any of these terrible things happen again- you can always come over and say ' to hell with it' and we'll have a girls night. Luv ya.
Ms. Maddie, I seriously miss you! I love reading your blog and just picturing you telling us this at coug practice! I hope you have a better week a head! Dance divas are hard to come by, the next time you are home we can swap some good ones! I don't dare walk in to Anthropologie, just can't pull it off like you! Just know how much I love you and think you are the coolest, most fashionable and have the greatest sense of humor of anyone I know.
HOpe you had a better week! Can't wait to hear about it. YOu make even the bad weeks sound exciting.
Love you!
Post a Comment