3.01.2011

doomed


now that we have reached the baby's birth month, we find ourselves wondering more and more what he's like. we cannot wait to meet him! with that being said, we have been doing a lot of reminiscing and looking through old pics which have us a little nervous for many obvious reasons. what if he looks like us in our most awkward/unflattering states?





bless our souls.


luckily matt had some finer moments:




i can't say the same for myself.


well baby, we promise we'll think you're handsome no matter what. we have after all lived with ourselves. and more importantly i promise we have deeper moments.

12 comments:

Laura-Lu said...

I remember having these same fears. Bret and I look as different as can be and I couldn't imagine a way that it would mesh into something cute. I think we lucked out though. As for you, I can't imaging your son being anything but adorable. Good luck with everything, so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!! I love the Special Olympics tee. So funny. Little Mattie-poo.
And whatever you two are gorgeous. He's going to be so handsome.

matt and eve lloyd said...

I am seriously rolling over here. Tears streaming down my face. First off, you are way too dramatic about both of you being ugly when you're little. Simply not true. Even when you try to find awkward pictures of yourselves. Second, that top picture of you may be my favorite picture ever taken. A Horsley classic. Third, this baby will be quite a handsome little man. How couldn't he be? I CANNOT wait to meet him. I get giddy about it at least fifty times per day. Good luck in the next couple weeks. I know they can be a real downer. Especially if you're a wuss like me.

Sarah said...

Love the pictures! Matt is so cute + handsome. And you were the cutest little girl ever. Of course he will be good looking. Not even a question.

Caribute said...

That third picture down of knock-kneed Matt with food on his chin and the Special Olympics shirt is the definition of priceless. I think I was clocked in with an unofficial time of six minutes of continuous laughter. Unfortunately I think we all have a picture or two like that. Ok, maybe not like THAT.

traci said...

I LOVE the pics of Matt! When was he in the Special Olympics??? If I had only known that would have added to my teasing material. Love that kid! He really has always been "special". Can't wait to see pics of the baby and for him to get here! :)

Tyler and Dru said...

those pictures might just find there way into frames in the powers home. what!? i'm dying laughing. matt, you are a true gem. hysterical. your child will be beautifully handsome. i just know it. because let's face it, horsley's produce great looking kids! so so excited for him to be here!

mom c said...

I love you Maddie!! That little one will be so beautiful just like his parents. It seems like we have been waiting so long, (you more than anyone) and now it's almost here. Can't wait!!

Alisha said...

You both were ADORABLE!!! And every kid has their awkward moments and these weren't even awkward. He's going to be beautiful!! Can't wait to see pics! SO glad we got to catch up in TX. Thanks so much for coming and meeting up with me! Love you!!!

The Rigbys said...

that picture brings me back... shanna would be proud! and your little guy will be absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see him! you are almost there! love ya girl

caitlin said...

maddie!! how did i not know about your blog!? you are officially added to my reader. and you are pregnant!? congratulations! i miss you.

Whitney said...

Maddie I was just wondering when your baby was due, so I checked your blog. How exciting for you guys! I love your post too because I feel that same way every time. I have two that turned out great but I'm worried that the next one will not be so fortunate :) You guys are great looking people so he will be perfect!! Good luck with the baby, it is such an exciting time! Sorry I haven't tried to get together with you yet! Such a slacker! We live in Desoto (if you haven't been down here don't even worry...you're not missing much.)

Blog Archive