10.26.2011

D

behold the longest, most random post ever.  we have officially lived in tejas for 2 years.  i know i often complain, but i am a large fan of this place in many ways.  life can be quite fun here in the big d.  here are the few times that i have pulled out my camera in the past 4 months.  clearly i never post about this place.

go mitt go!  poor wells - we woke him up from a deep sleep for this picture.
this is waaaaaay old.  shumway goodbye dinner.  boo.

very sweaty rangers game with the hanks.  such a hoot.
i guess this is some rangers sign?  love these pictures that wells looks like a tank.



11:30 pm at the gaylord pool.  worst parents ever waking up their small baby to go but it was free, people.  he was a large fan of the lazy river.
george w. bush's house.  we seriously waited outside of his gated neighborhood for 30 minutes to get in.  we must have been having a very boring day.
wells and i are baby einstein's biggest fans.  well maybe second to graham.  don't judge.
dallas dine around at iii forks.  complete with saddles and fake flowers.
night swims nearly every night.  the things you have to do to survive the heat!
austin baby!  a last minute trip sponsored by our bffs, the hansens.  we felt lucky to get some time with them - everyone wants to be friends with them.  they are as neat as they come.  wells had fallen asleep sitting up.  whoops. 
barton springs.
sorry again, wells for forgetting the earplugs.
alisha and her cute man!  again at about 11 pm... wells was a bit hyper/drunk and very drooly. fyi - do not wear a long skirt, large t-shirt, sweaty ponytail AND carry around a small baby at a university of texas, austin game.  you will feel like a polygamist next to the sexy cowgirls.
wells at hattie's.
collin and miss chloe come to dallas.  very honored that people asked if they were twins.
final dinner with caitlin at central market.  makes me shed a tear even one month later.  matt and i are still trying to adjust our new life sans the wests and it is NOT FUN.
making cookies from the frozen chunks in cookie dough ice cream - 3 step process.
putting them in the oven while talking about how they could have been famous amos.
BAM mini cookies.  surprisingly delicious.  funny boys.

the end. maybe i'll get to the rest in february. 

7 comments:

Tyler and Dru said...

i am laughing out loud reading this. your commentary kills me! so many fun pictures. i'm so glad you did a random post of your dallas experience. your cherish this very post for years to come i feel. kay, could wells be any cuter? that picture of him sitting on the chair watching baby einstein is my new favorite. oh man, i miss you guys! so happy you've been able to make so many good friends (that are mostly moved away now i know) but still, what fun memories you're making. but now you can move home okay?

Tyler and Dru said...

ps. i'm looking back through it and i have more comments. your hair looks SO cute at the rangers game! you need to let it air dry more often! or maybe you really took the time to curl it. either way, it looks bitchin!

traci said...

Wells has gotten so big! It's always fun to see cute pics of him (and you and Matt, too)!

matt and eve lloyd said...

Goodness- I need to check my google reader more often! I'm dying. Those mini cookies look real good right now. Wells- I have so many comments. I feel that he got good use out of that swimsuit, he looks so so so handsome, and I'm so glad he's as big of a fan of baby einstein as we are around here (it's embarrassing that every time I write einstein I spell it wrong. I'm really not worthy to watch those shows. Far too stupid.). Anyways, so glad you finally posted some Dallas highlights. I feel like your lives are WAY more exciting than ours!

p.s. sorry if this comment doesn't even make sense. It's late and every time I reread it I find about fifty mistakes. :)

Meeker home said...

The picture of drooly/drunk Wells is cracking me up. He is so stinkin cute! Love him in the Hattie's shot. And the story about the polygimist look at the game...too funny. Just be sure to pack that outfit next time you go to Miami.

Caitlin & Hugh said...

oh my...I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I miss you guys so so much. It hurts. Are you coming here for thanksgiving? Or Cali? I forget. Please tell me when you are here next. LOVE LOVE you.

Lindsey said...

I should be writing my talk right now but instead I am reading your blog. I seriously thought I was the only one that ever considered baking the cookie dough from Blue Bell icecream..... never officially tried it though:) Also, I agree with your sis that you look amazing at the Rangers game! Austin was so fun, as was our ESPN moment last night. Love you guys!

Blog Archive